Single Player Campaign
How To Guides
- -After more than a year of being down, the MechWarrior 4 Wiki is back online!
- -Added additional protection against spam bot account creation
- -Added guides for different Radar Modes
- -Osama bin Laden announced dead. Got that Fucker!
- -The Decal Library just hit its 100th decal mark. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to the compilation.
- -No major changes since January. The Decal Library Page has grown a lot. The only change of note is that people will have to be logged in to be able to edit pages. This is because bots are constantly adding and editing pages with garbage. I apologize for the inconvenience.
- -Added a page for uploading, previewing, and downloading decals. Decal Download Page
- -Added instructions for using the program 'Gimp' to the decal guide.
- -Spent the last month or so converting each mech page to use a standard template (Makes it much easier for me to edit).
- -Created new images for each of the mechs
- -Added stats to each mech page for people who like crunching numbers
- - added a way to compare each mech to similar mechs by clicking the symbol next to each number.
- -Moved the Linebacker from the list of future mechs to current mechs.
- -Added some single player campaign guides [Campaign Guides]
- -Cleaned up the the menu area
- -Added a number of gallery images
- -Created a new template loosely based on the one from the MechWarrior Living Legends Wiki.
- -Started working on a new Category for upcoming mechs. Category:Upcoming BattleMechs
- -Added details of the future armor system to the Armor page.
- -Added a Downloads page.
- -Simplified the process of creating new custom variant pages by just filling out a form. View Form Page Here
- -Added a guide for making decals.
- -Replaced the standard wiki database with a MySQL database. The search function greatly improved now.
- -Added the ability to rate custom variants.
- -Finished the basic stats on all the Mechs and uploaded all their pictures.
- -Streamlined the process for creating new custom Mech variant pages. HTML knowledge no longer required. [View page here]
- -Finished pages for all weapons and equipment. Onto the Mechs!
- -Added stub pages for all mechs and started working on pages for weapons. Finished the mech page for the Mad Cat, so that should be a good example for others to use if they decide to create a mech article. Also worked out a way for people to upload their own custom variants to the site (which was a fight since this wiki doesn't like the .mw4 extension) and others to download those variants directly to their computer instead of having to recreate it from scratch. See Mad Cat Delta for an example of a custom variant mech page.
- -Added navigation and directories to the main page. I borrowed heavily from Sarna which is a site that works great and is an awesome Battletech Wiki site. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all.
- -MechWarrior4:Wiki created as a resource for new and old players alike. My hope is to have something as useful as TRM4 but something that is easier to update and can keep up with MekTek's rapid pace of updates.